What is RivetFish?

RivetFish is a 3d short (and/or comic) that I have been toying with for a while, but never got past a few character designs and rough story outlines. I recently installed Blender, and decided to model one of these character designs as a learning exercise (modeled this crab from a box).... Guess that is what kind of got the ball rolling =)


This blog will document my progress throughout the production. I normally use Cinema4D for my projects, but am going to attempt to complete this project in Blender. I figure this will be a good way to learn the program, and put it to the test. If I run into problems, I may add Cinema and/or ZBrush to the mix... Though I'm a Blender n00b, I will try to share some tech tips along the way. Feel free to chime in with corrections. And any explanations of alternative methods would be appreciated as well.

I haven't really nailed down a storyline yet. I tend to get story ideas as I create stuff. I do know that it will have a SteamPunk vibe to it. To what degree, I'm not sure... Designing goggles for a crab is a bit of a challenge ;)